Here it is:
French Bread Pepperoni Pizza!
I found the bread in the discount bread section at Kroger for $ .87.
The sauce was Ragu that I got for $1.99
The cheese (pizza blend) was on sale for $1.49
The pepperoni was free!! :D
The total cost of this meal was $4.35!! Woohoo!
We each were able to make 2 pizzas and we ate two and froze the others, which didn't last long we ate them before the next week! :) So 4 pizzas cost $1.08 each to make!
Plus we still have some cheese and about a forth of the pepperoni left!
If you are wondering how to make these:
1. We had the oven at 350. (we have a gas oven so things cook faster than normal)
2. Cut french bread in half (hamburger way, then hotdog way)
3. Get your Ragu. Use very sparingly. I read if you put too much then it will make it soggy.
4. Put on your toppings! With cheese try not to put it too close to the edge so it doesn't melt off.
(There is a blend of Kroger brand cheese that says pizza blend, that is what we used)
5. I believe we put them in the oven for 20 minutes. Basically enough for the cheese to melt and the bread to get crispy.
(If you need more instructions, there are many recipes for it online)
Such a simple dinner and it was SOO yummy! :D
Tonight I made mini English Muffins pizzas! I did the same as above, and cooked them for about 8 minutes. They were really yummy! So it seems any type of bread you want to try or is at a good price will be yummy made into a pizza! :D